WORLD WAR TWO, WW2, WWII, BRITISH ARMY UNIFORMS & GEAR
WORLD WAR TWO (WW2,WWII) BRITISH ARMY UNIFORMS AND EQUIPMENT
Ujna Universal is proud to bring you the most complete collection of uniforms, webbing, equipment, badges, patch, insignia and shoes/boots as worn by the British Army during World War Two, ww2, wwii, British Army uniforms & Gear. This comprehensive page deals with every article worm by officers and soldiers of the ww2(wwii) British Army. Again, you will find our attention to detail exacting, and every uniform and article of the British Army of world war two (ww2,wwii) is included in our range of products. All fabrics of the British World War two (ww2,wwii) Army uniforms have been custom made to our very high standards and the correct specification laid out by the British Department of Defence.World War Two, ww2, wwii, British Army uniforms & Gear
Tunics have fly fronted buttons except on the shoulder straps, pleated chest pockets, two inside pockets, and a strip of cotton cloth around the inside waist with three button holes to hold trouser and blouse together. In our BDU’s they actually do. The P37 BD tunic comes with anickel-plated wire waist tab buckle. Trousers have fly-fronted buttons on thigh pocket and back pocket and 3 belt loops buttoned at the top. There are 3 outside buttons around the waist to fasten blouse to trousers. Straps have been provided to tighten trouser legs before fitting the web anklets. Brass buttons are provided. Cargo pocket is lined with cotton drill.
the P40 pattern British ww2 BDU blouse has all buttons apparent, patch breast pockets, only one pocket on the left side, 2 button holes instead of 3 on the waist and steel waist tab buckle. Trousers have all buttons apparent and there are no belt loops or ankle straps. Price for any pattern BDU in any of the two fabrics is
British Army World War two (ww2,wwii)uniform General Service Cap (GS Cap): They are made in the same fabric as the British ww2 Battle Dress uniform and are priced at US$ 20 door plus shipping anywhere in the world in any size.
As per a 1937 Department of Defence specification, the British Battle Dress Uniform (BDU) was the standard uniform for personnel of all arms and services, officers, NCO’s and men in the field. Our BDU’s are made in wool. We make the British ww2 Battle Dress Uniform in two patterns – The P37 and P40.
British Army World War two (ww2,wwii) uniform Parachutist (Para) & Commando Trousers: They have two regular pockets on each hip, a bellows pocket on the front of the leg, one inside the right leg seam to hold the dagger and 3 for bandages. Map pocket is lined with cotton drill. Price is US$ 110 in any size plus shipping anywhere in the world.
BEST BUY: 1 set of British Army ww2 (wwii) uniform Battle Dress uniform, Tunic & trouser, in any of the two fabrics, in any of the two patterns, 1 General Service Cap, 1 Khaki wool collarless shirt for US$ 236.00. A Para trouser can be substituted for a BDU trouser if you so wish at the same price.
These were meant to be worn on top of the BDU as a work uniform. We make these in the correct denim fabric with in brown and gray-green. Please specify while ordering. Jackets have pleated pockets and pants have belt loops and ankle tabs. A vertical slit is provided in the side to access BD trouser pockets. A single inside pocket is provided on the left hand side and the trousers are basically cut like the pattern 40 BD trousers. If you are going to wear this over your BD please let us know, they will have to be cut loose. Give your normal size for a regular fit.
Price US$ 50 for either the trouser or jacket order individually and US$ 90 if ordered as a set. Price includes custom tailoring and door delivery anywhere in the world.
British Army World War two (ww2,wwii) uniform Denison Smocks:
These are made in heavy twill fabric and the camo pattern has been expertly copied and printed at Ujna Universal’s own factory. They are available in 3 patterns – the 1st pattern 1941 Pattern Denison smock or early pattern with knit cuffs on the lower sleeves, the 1944 or 2nd pattern with button tab cuffs and snap fasteners to the lower back to hold the crutch strap when not in use and the Officer’s pattern with brass full length zipper down the front so that the garment can be slipped on like a jacket. All patterns have the wool collar lining. While ordering please give us your body measures, we know how loose these are supposed to be made. The smock now cames with maker’s label, please see picture below. Price including delivery charges for any of the 3 patterns is US$ 115. Please let me know if you would like me to “age’ these for you. It will add 12 days to the delivery time and cost will be US$ 10 extra.
Available in exact color and weight of wool as our original sample. They have 2 shoulder straps and are also provided with a brass hook on the collar to close the top of the coat tightly. Just like the originals. A beige cotton lining extends from the shoulders to the chest. 2 pc half belt provided at the back of the P 40 Greatcoat. Price including custom tailoring and delivery US$ 155.
These are made in cow leather, with double stitched seams and are lined in wool. Custom made to any size they are priced at US$ 110 door plus shipping.
These are made in same wool as BDU fabric and also in whipcord. Please specify while ordering. The inside thighs of both types are reinforced with leather. Price including tailoring and delivery is US$ 83.
Made in Khaki denim they have two chest pockets, two thigh pockets one back pocket and waist belt. Price including custom tailoring and delivery is US$ 110.
British Army World War two (ww2,wwii) Officer’s battle order uniform: The blouse / tunic or trouser is priced at US$ 74 individually but if ordered together the set is for US$ 125 including delivery and custom tailoring.
British Army World War two (ww2,wwii) uniform Khaki Field Service (FS) Cap: Made in Khaki wool it is priced at US$ 20 door plus shipping.
British Army World War two (ww2,wwii) uniform Tam O’ Shanter: Made in Khaki wool it is priced at US$ 20 door plus shipping.
British Army World War two (ww2,wwii) uniform Beret Caps: Available in 10.5 inch head band width so it flops over the year with leather sweatbands. Available in Maroon, Sand- coloured, Green, Black, Khaki and 11th Hussar’s specific beret. Please specify while ordering, all sizes available. Price US$ 10 plus shipping.
British Army World War two (ww2,wwii) uniform Officer’s Service Dress Uniform: Complete in Barathea wool including custom tailored tunic and trousers. Price US$ 199 including custom tailoring and door delivery.
British Army World War two (ww2,wwii) uniform Officer’s Service Dress Cap: Worn with the Officers Service dress, this cap comes with leather chin strap and is priced at US$ 45 door plus shipping in any size. Red band for ranks of Colonel to Field Marshall provided at no extra charge, but please specify.
We are the only company in the world who will provide you with every single coloured (colored) field service (FS) cap worn by any unit who fought in ww2. We charge US$ 29 per cap plus shipping. The following ranks and regiments/units are covered (if you cannot find your unit here, please send me a picture and I will do the needful):
- Coloured FS(Field Service) caps for ranks of Colonel up to Field Marshall.
- Coloured FS(Field Service) caps for Cavalry units: Queen’s Bays, 3rd Carabiniers, 4/7 Royal Dragoon Gaurds, 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Gaurds, 1st Royal Dragoons, Royal Scots Greys, 3rd King’s Own Hussars, 4th King’s Own Hussars, 7th Queen’s Own Hussars, 10th Royal Hussars et 14/20 King’s Hussars, 8th King’s Royal Irish Hussars, 11th Hussars, 13/18th Royal Hussars, 15/19th King’s Royal Hussars, 9th Queen’s Royal Hussars, 12th Royal Lancers, 16/5th Lancers, 17/21st Lancers, Royal Wiltshire Yeomanry, Derbyshire Yeomanry, Lothian and Border Horse, Fife and Forfar Yeomanry, ounty of London Yeomanry, Northamptonshire Yeomanry, East Riding Yeomanry, Inns of Court, Inns of Court (Officiers).
- Coloured FS (Field Service) caps for infantry units: Queen’s, Buffs, King’s Own, Royal Warwickshire, Royal Fusiliiers, King’s Regiment, Royal Norfolk, Lincolnshire (Officers of the 2nd Battalion only), Devonshire, Suffolk, Somerset Light Infantry, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire, Leicestershire, Green Howards, Lancashire Fusiliers, Cheshire, Royal Welch Fusiliers, South Wales Borderers, Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers, Gloucestershire, Worcestershire, East Lancashire, East Surrey, Duke of Cornwall’s Light Infantry, Duke of wellington’s, Border Regiment, Hampshire, South Staffordshire, Dorsetshire, South Lancashire, Welsh Regiment, Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry, Essex, Sherwood Foresters, Loyal Regiment, Northamptonshire, Royal Berkshire, Queen’s Own Royal West kent, King’s Own Yorkshire light Infantry, King’s Shropshire Light Infantry, Middlesex, King Royal Rifle Corp, Queen’s Westminster (KRRC), The Rangers (KRRC), Wiltshire, Manchester, North Staffordshire, Durham Light Infantry, Royal Ulster Rifles, Royal Irish Fusiliers, Rifle Brigade, Kensington, Monmouthshire, Herefordshire.
- Coloured FS (Field Service) caps for Arms and Services: Royal Artillery, Royal Engineers, Royal orp of Signals, Royal Army Chaplains Department, Royal Army Service Corps, Royal Army Medical Corps, Royal Army Ordnance Corps, Royal Army Pay Corps, Royal Army Veterinary Corps, Army Educational Corps, Army Dental Corps, Pioneer corps, Intelligence Corps, Auxillary Territorial Service.
British Army World War two (ww2,wwii) uniform Feather hackles: Available in Red, White, Yellow, Black and maroon. US$ 5 plus shipping.
British Army World War two (ww2,wwii) Snow Camouflage Suit: Made in white cotton to be worn over the BDU. Comes with white Helmet cover. US$ 83 plus shipping.
British Army World War two (ww2,wwii) Uniform Windproof Camouflage Clothing: Made in our special windproof fabric which is the same weight and print as the original, the Jacket and Trouser are priced as a set at US$ 110 plus shipping.
British Army World War two (ww2,wwii) Ankle Boots (Ammo boots): Made in black and brown pebbled leather, with heel irons and toe iron and 2 rows of hobnails in front. Reinforced round toe and leather sole. Height covers the ankle only. All sizes available. Price/pr US$ 110 plus shipping. Please remember the brown leather boot was worn by Officers as field boots.
British Army World War two (ww2,wwii) Rubber Cleathed Sole (DMS)boots: Used by commandos, same construction as in Ankle boots but with rubber sole. Available only in black. All sizes available. Price/pr US$ 110 plus shipping.
British Army World War two (ww2,wwii) Dispatch Rider’s high boots: Made in black plain leather with three straps on top outside with buckles, height of the shaft is 14 inches. Leather sole with a steel strip screwed between the sole and heel to avoid damage to the shoe while kicking the starter lever on the motorbike. All sizes available. Price/pr is US$ 155.
British Army World War two (ww2,wwii) Canvas shoes or Plimsolls: Ochre canvas upper with leather sole. All sizes available. Price US$ 65 plus shipping.
British Army World War two (ww2,wwii) Officer’s shoes: Copied from my original sample of Church’s boot. Made in brown pebbled leather, does not cover the ankle fully. Leather soles and closes with a strap with buckle in the front. All sizes available. Price/pr US$ 110 plus shipping. Please remember the brown leather boot was worn by Officers as field boots.
Price/pr US$ 16 plus shipping.
British Army World War two (ww2,wwii) Anklets (Gaiters): Webbing anklets in Khaki. Have canvas lining on top half. Price US$ 20 per pair plus shipping.
- Cap Badges of Cavalry Regiments and the Royal tank Regiment: The Life Gaurds, The Royal Horse Gaurds, 1st King’s Dragoon Gaurds, The Queen’s Bays (2nd Dragoon Gaurds), 3rd Carabiniers (The Prince of Wales Dragoon Gaurds), 4/7 Royal Dragoon Gaurds, 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Gaurds, The Royal Dragoons (1st Dragoons), he Royal Scots Greys (2nd Dragoons), 3rd King’s Own Hussars, 4th Queen’s Own Hussars, 7th Queen’s Own Hussars, 8th King’s Royal Irish Hussars, 9th Queen’s Royal Lancers, 10th Royal Hussars (Prince of Wales’ Own), 11th Hussars (Prince Albert’s Own), 12th Royal Lancers (Prince of Wales’), 13/18th Royal Hussars (Queen Mary’s Own), 14/20th King’s Hussars, 15/19th King’s Royal Hussars, 16/5th Lancers, 17/21st lancers, 22nd Dragoons, 23rd Hussars, 24th Lancers, 25th Dragoons, 27th Lancers, Royal Tank Regiment, The North Irish Horse, The Royal Wiltshire Yeomanry (Prince of Wales’ Own), The Warwickshire Yeomanry, The Nottinghamshire (Sherwood Rangers) Yeomanry, The Straffordshire Yeomanry (Queen’s Own Royal Regiment), The Derbyshire Yeomanry, The Lothian and Border Horse Yeomanry, The Fife and Forfar Yeomanry, The Westminster Dragoons, 4th County of London Yeomanry, 3/4 County of London Yeomanry, 1st Northamptonshire Yeomanry, 2nd Northamptonshire Yeomanry, The East Riding of Yorkshire Yeomanry, The Inns of Court Regiment, The Lovat Scouts.
- Cap Badges of Infantry Regiments: Grenadier Gaurds, Coldstream Gaurds, Scots Gaurds, Welsh Gaurds, Royal Scots, Queen’s Royal Regiment (west Surrey), Buffs (Royal East Kent), King’s Own Royal Regiment, Royal Northumberland Fusiliers, Royal Warwickshire, Royal Fusiliers (city of London), King’s Regiment (Liverpool), King’s Regiment, Royal Norfolk Regiment, Lincolnshire Regiment, Devonshire Regiment, Devonshire Regiment, Suffolk Regiment, Somerset Light Infantry, West Yorkshire Regiment, East Yorkshire Regiment, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Regiment, Hertfordshire Regiment, Leicestershire Regiment, Green Howards, lancashire Fusiliers, Royal Scots Fusiliers, Cheshire Regiment, Royal Welch Fusiliers, South Wales Borderers, 2nd Batalion, South Wales Borderers, King’s Own Scottish Borderers, Cameronians (Scottish Rifles), Gloucestershire Regiment, Worcestershire Regiment, East Lancashire Regiment, East Surrey Regiment, Duke of Cornwall’s Light Infantry, Duke of Wellington’s Regiment, Border Regiment, Royal Sussex Regiment, Hampshire Regiment, 11th Battlaion, South Staffordshire Regiment, Dorsetshire Regiment, South Lancashire Regiment, Welsh Regiment, Black watch, Tyneside Scottish, Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry, Essex Regiment, Sherwood Foresters, Loyal Regiment, Northamptonshire Regiment, King’s Royal Rifle Corps, The Rangers (KRRC), Queen’s Westminster (KRRC), Wiltshire Regiment, Manchester Regiment, North Staffordshire Regiment, York and Lancaster Regiment, Durham light Infantry, Durham Light Infantry 6th Battalion, Highland Light Infantry, Glasgow Highlanders, Seaforth Highlanders, Gordon Highlanders, London scottish, Queen’s Own Cameron Highlanders, Royal Ulster Rifles, London Irish Rifles, Royal Irish Fusiliers, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, Rifle Brigade (Prince Consort’s Own).
- Cap Badges of the Arms and Services: Royal Armoured Corps, Royal Regiment of Artillery, Royal Horse Artillery, Honourable Artillery Company, Corps of Royal Engineers, Royal Corps of Signals, Reconnaissance Corps, Army Air corps, Parachute Regiment, Special Air Service Regiment, Royal Army Chaplain’s Department, Royal Army Service cOrps, Royal Army Medical Corps, Royal Army Ordnance Corps, Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, Royal Army Pay Corps, Royal Army Veterinary Corps, Army Educational Corps, Army Dental Corps, Corps of Military Police, Military Provost Staff Corps, Pioneer Corps, Intelligence Corps, Army Catering Corps, Army Physical Training Corps, General Service Corps.
- Armoured Units Formation Badges: Gaurds Armoured Division, 7th Armoured Division, 11th Armoured Division, 79th Armoured Division, 4th Armoured Brigade, 6th Gaurds Army Tank Brigade, 8th Armoured Brigade, 27th Armoured Brigade, 31st Army Tank Brigade, 33rd Army Tank Brigade, 34th Army Tank Brigade, Great Headquarters.
- Infantry Formation Badges: 3rd Infantry Division, 5th Infantry Division, 15th (Scottish) Infantry Division, 43rd (Wessex) Infantry Division, 49th (West Riding) Infantry Division, 50th (Northumbrian) Infantry Division, 51st (Highland) Infantry Division, 52nd (Lowland) Infantry Division, 53rd (Welsh) Infantry Division, 59th (Staffordshire) Infantry Division, 56 Infantry Brigade, 115th Infantry Brigade.
British Army World War two (ww2,wwii) Cloth armlets or armbands: Available for US$ 11/pc plus shipping, in 90mm width for the following: War Office General Staff Officers, Royal Army Medical Corp, Dental Corp and Stretcher bearers, Brigade HQ, Military Police (MP), War Correspondents, Royal Corp of Signals, Despatch Riders, etc.
We haven’t replicated p37 webbing gear for this era – there is a lot of original stuff out there – buy it !!! The best place to get it at is http://www.whatpriceglory.com
List of Important ww2 Militaria dealers we have or supply to:
What Price Glory
EG FRAMES UK
Motion Picture Props
VHM – The Netherlands
What some important clients have to say about our service (The most important compliment I have received is from Major Jerry Lee of What Price Glory – I consider him to be the best man in the business, a true true gentleman and just a great person to know):
—– Original Message —–
Sanjay Suri in India is very helpful with this requirement. He is very good, very fast, very reasonable and a really great guy to do business with.
—– Original Message —–
Before I forget, you should know that Sanjay Suri in India has made some BD that is apparently top notch. I … the guy who ordered it, …., is a real stickler for details, and he was delighted. I think this is the only way you will ever get … uniforms. Sanjay is very good and very easy to deal with. Highly recommend you contact him.
—– Original Message —–
From: David Sobey
—– Original Message —–
> Just received the Denison Jacket and material. I am very pleased with the
> Denison. I’ll send a photo when I’m all kitted up in uniform in a few weeks
> Thanks again and look forward to doing more business with you in future
IMPORTANT: IF YOU ARE ORDERING MORE THAN ONE ARTICLE YOU CAN BE SURE THAT YOU CAN SAVE ON SHIPPING. E-MAIL ME AT : firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com FOR THE BEST DEAL. IF YOU ORDER FOR YOUR ENTIRE GROUP YOU CAN SAVE EVEN MORE.
IF YOU CAN’T FIND YOUR ARTICLE HERE, WRITE TO ME. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE IT FOR YOU IF YOU CAN PROVIDE A SAMPLE. THIS IS SPECIALLY TRUE OF METAL BADGES , INSIGNIA AND BUTTONS. WHILE ORDERING BRASS OR METAL BADGES, INSIGNIA OR BUTTONS – PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THESE ARE MADE ON EXPENSIVE PRESSURE DIES. PLEASE DON’T ASK ME TO MAKE ONE PIECE 🙂 .
WE ARE EXPERTS AT LEATHER ARTICLES SO PLEASE SEND IN YOUR LEATHER ARTICLES FOR REPLICATION – IF YOU SEND ME A PIECE OF GEAR OR ARTICLE WE HAVEN’T ALREADY MADE, WE WILL BE HAPPY TO DO A REPLICATION FOR YOUR PERSONAL USE – FREE OF CHARGE, AS LONG AS WE ARE ALLOWED TO MAKE PATTERNS AND MAKE IT AVAILABLE TO OTHER REENACTORS.
Our British wwii (ww2, world war two) uniforms, equipment, gear, webbing, shoes and boots, caps, badges, patches, insignia, chevrons etc have been replicated to exact specifications prevalent during the world war and are a favourite among re-enactors. Although our World War 2 uniforms and equipment are museum quality replications we have priced them for use by living history groups, re-enactors and collectors. The following World war two (ww2, wwii, world war 2) army, reenaction and living history units use our uniforms and gear, and we have regularly supplied the following militaria dealers with our world war 2(ww2, wwII, world war two) uniforms, equipment, webbing,shoes & boots, peak & side caps, badges, patches, insignia chevrons etc:
Re-enactors will find our prices atleast 25% lower than any other militaria dealer anywhere in the world and our prices include custom tailoring! That means you will get comfortable and proper fitting uniforms everytime. We do not charge extra for uniforms for re-enactors who are broad built or tall.
As a re-enactor, hobbyist, living history enthusiast or a collector, if you cannot find your world war 2 (ww2, wwII, world war two) article on this page, please send us your sample and we will replicate it for you down to the smallest detail. We also manufacture British Army Highland regiments kilts and other equipment like sporrans, sashes, banners, flags, hose, doublets, belts, insignia, badges, buckles etc. For Kilts you will need to send us the fabric but all other articles are manufactured inhouse. Please see our section on Scottish, Highland and Pipe Band uniforms, doublets and accoutrements.
We also supply World War 2 (world war two, ww2, wwII) British uniforms, costumes, gear and props for theatre, film, movies, plays, documentary films, ballets, stage productions and museum’s living history reenactions. Please see our page dedicated to this for more details, our list of clients, and custom designing of uniforms, costumes, props and gear for theatre, film, movies, plays, documentary films, ballets, stage productions and museum living history reenaction.
We thank the members of the following British ww2 (wwii, world war two) reenacting units and living history groups for their help:
Forgotten Armies (USA)
Royal Ulster Rifles (USA)
Long Range Desert Group (USA)
Long Range Desert Group Germany (Germany)
Bedford QLR Group (UK)
Welsh Guards (USA)
No 2 Coy Irish Guards (USA)
First British Airborne (USA)
No. 3 Commando (USA)
Living History Group Holland (Holland)